- Appoint a State LTI Coordinator (must have completed LTC 501/790).
- Select/appoint a certified instructional staff. Only certified instructors may teach course offerings.
- Those states that do not have trained instructors for the NIAAA Leadership Training Institute, but want to offer courses in their state may do so by using LTI National Conference presentation faculty members. The National Conference presentation faculty is limited and will be booked on an availability basis. States would be responsible for the expenses of the faculty member(s) to include airfare (if applicable), lodging, and meals. Reimbursement arrangements should be made prior to the course presentation with the instructor(s).
- Determine state course offerings (based on courses available on the national level). Due to the nature of the material covered, the NIAAA highly encourages states to utilize a National Conference presentation faculty member, plus your state association’s legal counsel to provide LTC 504 (Legal Issues in Athletic Administration I), LTC 506 (Legal Issues in Athletic Administration II) and LTC 508 (Legal Issues in Athletic Administration III). Further the NIAAA cannot be responsible for information covered during any Leadership Training course when National Conference presentation faculty members are not instructing.
- States should consider preparation of state-specific information for inclusion in LTC 501.
- It is strongly recommended site/sanction application form(s) be completed, signed and returned to Cheryl Van Paris, Professional Development Manager, by December 1 of the year preceding the date of the state course presentations. This will allow us collectively to provide the state coordinators at the National Conference a composite list of dates, sites and course offerings for the following year.
- It is the responsibility of each state to develop its own registration form and costs of each course offered. States will be responsible for collecting all registration fees, maintaining attendance rosters, and ordering materials in conjunction with the course offerings.
- Student course materials must be ordered through the NIAAA and payment is preferred at the time of the order. However, if circumstances prohibit payment accompanying the order, the state coordinator should contact the NIAAA. Shipping and handling charges are included in the cost of the manual. The coordinator should plan for a three to four week delivery time of all materials after receipt of your order.
- All expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the host state.
- A list of course participants should be sent to the NIAAA headquarters two weeks prior to the course, so that certificates may be printed and returned to the state for distribution at the session. A final attendance roster must be returned to Cheryl Van Paris for inclusion in the LTP database within two weeks of the completion of the course.
Note: All student materials are protected under copyright laws and may not be duplicated. No return of materials will be accepted and no refund of the cost of materials will be given.